Friday, November 26, 2010

Culture Class: First Snowfall of Winter


For someone from the Southern Hemisphere, where the summers are hot and the winters are mild, experiencing the first snowfall of the European winter is exciting to say the least. Just tonight I happened to walk out of a delicious sushi supper and into the street only to find it pouring with rain. I wasn't exactly happy, until I realised that along with the rain, small tiny snowflakes were coming down all around me! It was magical :) My walk home was pretty much just me with my head pointed to the sky in awe of a whole different kind of winter. At the moment the city is anticipating the christmas season and there are colourful lights strung across the streets and christmas trees around every corner, so add snowflakes to that mix and you have a wonderful magical christmas combination. I'm looking forward to my first white winter in a long long time. Bring on the snow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment